I FINALLY have hearing aids!
I went to my second Audiology appointment, after previously having that blue stuff squirted in my ears. It was fairly simple, the aids were put on me and I sat in front of a big speaker thingy, with some very ticklish little wires poked in my ears, and the aids were calibrated in a way I don’t entirely understand, but it seemed to work.
Having them in was instantly a HUGE change. I could hear BACKGROUND NOISE. I turned around at something I heard, which was apparently a door swinging down the corridor. There was another noise, apparently a tap running in the room next door.
The noise that alarmed me most of all, was when I put my fingers against my bag and my bag made a noise.
Here are some of the other sounds I have discovered today:
- Paper making noise against other paper (notebook pages touching each other)
- Freya’s movements
- Will’s chair constantly creaks (very annoying)
- Wiping a smudge on my laptop with my finger, makes a sound
- Mouse clicking is loud
- Planes going over, from inside the house
- The pen nib wiggles around when you’re writing
- Movement from different rooms
- Will’s computer fan
- Rain, from inside the house
- My finger bones are even louder than I thought
- The tip of my fork touching my plate
Voices are a bit robotic, my own is super loud and it also feels like there’s a bit of delay between speaking and actually hearing it, but I think I’ll get used to it.
|I have a lot going on in the same day next week.|
|Attempted life plans.|